The Clearinghouse Call Center
The Love INC Clearinghouse staff and specially trained volunteers receive requests for help by telephone. A thorough intake is conducted and requests are reviewed as to their nature, extent of need and legitimacy. The request is then referred to an appropriate resource (church ministry, church volunteer, or community agency.) Love INC seeks to walk with you through this time, offering to listen to you, pray with you, and explore options with you.
Our Help Line is available Tuesday-Friday, 9:00 A.M. – 11:30 A.M.
Please call 740-382-3340. Voicemail is available and readily used.
Love INC’s network of churches provide resources for families in our community. As Love INC identifies gaps in available services that callers are requesting, we then work with our partner churches to create ministries to fill those gaps.
*In order to receive assistance, families must call the Love INC Clearinghouse for a consultation and an appointment.
- Emergency Food Pantry at Cornerstone Alliance & Emanuel Lutheran Church
- Gas Vouchers are available on a limited basis through the Prospect Street United Methodist Church for verified medical appointments and work-related travel.
- Laundry Ministry is provided once a month by the Prospect Street United Methodist Church.
- Cleaning Supplies are provided through The Shepherd’s Fellowship for those moving into new homes with referrals from Turning Point, the Marion area homeless shelters, and similar organizations.
- Diapers, Baby Wipes & Baby Lotion are provided at the First Presbyterian Church once a month.
- Ashes to Ashes Funeral Ministry is a ministry of the Lee Street Presbyterian Church. This ministry will provide care to grieving families in their time of need by providing funding for cremation, a pastor for calling hours, funeral, and graveside services and a funeral dinner for the family afterward.
- We very rarely provide financial support but may refer to the appropriate agencies and organizations in the community for assistance with this.
- *For the time being our Hauling Hope Furniture Ministry is on hold until we can find a new warehouse to house the donated inventory and provide space for cleaning and repairs. (If you are interested in helping with this need, please call the office at 740-751-6554.)
Our ministry model is called a “relational” model because we care about making connections, not just providing resources. In every expression of the Love INC ministry, relationships are key – relationships between church volunteers and neighbors in need, relationships among churches, relationship with Christian across denominations, and relationships throughout the community.
When Love INC flourishes in a community, healthy relationships grow, the Love of Christ is demonstrated, and struggling neighbors receive support, friendship, and the kind of practical help they need.